Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Raw Pesto w/ my homegrown squash

I figure while I am at this blabbing of my green greatness I will throw in some of my very own recipe ideas!  I am growing my first garden and I made my dinner out of my backyard (some of it, anyways!)

So I chopped that squash into raw skinny fries that I used in place of pasta.  For the pesto I used:

(Serves Two or One very, very hungry human)
1 bunch Kale, deveined
10 Basil leaves
1/2 cup Walnuts
1 Avocado
5 cloves Garlic
Splash o' water
1/3 of a Lemon juice
Sat and peppa to taste!

Chop all that up in ya vita-mix, food processor, whateva ya got and WALAH!!!  Mix that with your squash strips and you got pesto- ghetti baby!!!  Yum yum in my tum tum!
Hope ya'll Enjoy ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment